We are headed into a time of "retreat" when we get away from our normal day-to-day routines and seek to stop, reflect, worship and correct our perspective on what God is doing and how He is moving in our lives so that we can join in the work of sanctification and redemption in the Spirit. This will be a time of rest, refreshment, learning, discussion, fellowship and play. It is a time to join together as a college/young adult ministry and relish in the wonder of God.
The theme of the retreat this winter is "BUILDING BLOCKS". The idea is that we will be returning to some fundamental ideas of who we are in Christ and what He has called us to in order that we might be faithful to the simple and direct call of the Gospel being lived and revealed in us. Some of the topics to be covered will be gender roles in Christ, the personhood of Christ, what the Gospel means for us corporately etc. Pastor Paul will be leading us in discussions, seminars, small group reflections, activities etc that will build the idea of "team" as we discern how to best walk individually and together after Christ.
Some information to help you prepare for the retreat:
- The expectation is that you will come for the entire time.
If you are unable to, please get this cleared with Pastor Paul before you register.
- We will plan rides together to and from the retreat in the church vans, more information to come.
- The cost per person is $65. If you have demonstrable financial limitations, please talk with Pastor Paul ASAP! The retreat fee will be due at a later date before the retreat, hurry up and register!
- Things to Bring: Bible, notebook, pen, toiletries, warm clothes, comfortable shoes, things you can get messy/dirty in, sleeping bag and/or blanket, pillow, good attitude, normal retreat items etc...
- Things NOT to Bring: laptops, tablets, school work, magazines, books, illegal or frowned upon items (you should be smart enough to figure this out, if in doubt, ask!)